Dr JoŽl Spiroux de Vendomois - President of CRIIGEN
Written by HH
Saturday, 17 April 2010
Doctor of Medecine
Homeopathy and Acupuncture Diploma
Reparation of Legal Bodily Damage and Medical Expertise Diploma 8, bis rue Victor Hugo
jmspiroux arobase wanadoo.fr
Speciality: General Medecine
- DIPLOMAS: Agricultural Worker Certificate - Doctorate of Medecine - Diploma of Reparation of Bodily Damage - International Certificate in Human Ecology (Faculty of Medecine of Paris).
- Activities: Private practise of General Medicine since 1981
- Since 1985: General Secretary of SML 27 (French Union of Physicians of the Eure Département)
- Actions in Public Health:
- 1996-2000: Member of the Continuity of Care Commission of URML HN (Regional Union of Physicians of Haute-Normandie)
- 2000-2006: Re-elected within URML HN. Role: Founding Member and President of the First Health and Environment Commission of URML
TITLE: Doctor of Medecine
Activities of the commission (among other things):
- Informing the medical profession about biotechnologies and GMOs
- Participation in the PNNS (French National Nutrition Health Plan)
- Partnership with the education authority towards cannabis prevention.
- Implementation of an original and free collection system of the sharp and prickly objects both for private individuals and health professionals with a private practise financed by the General Council.
- Organization of the First Congress on Environmental Pathologies in France in October 2005.
- Creation of the first Private Medecine Public Health Body (Pôle Libéral de Santé Publique) in partnership with DRASS (Administrative Regional Body for Health and Social Affairs), with a view to involve independent physicians in the field of Public Health and more paticularly in Environmental Health.
Expertise Activities in Public Health:
- 2006: Regional expert in charge of the training of the trainers of the medical profession in Haute Normandie within the framework of the French Flu Plan.
- January 2007: Appointed Expert in Environmental Health for URML HN.
- September 2007: Appointed by the Prefect of Haute Normandie as Expert in Environmental Health at CODERST (Departmental Council of Environment of Health and Technological Risks) of Seine Maritime.
- December 2007 : Appointed by M. Jean Louis BORLOO, French Minister of Ecology, to the Provisional High Authority on GMOs (Haute Autorité Provisoire sur les OGM)
- January 2008: Appointed Expert in Environmental Health for MACIF (Mutual Insurance).
- May 2008: Initiator and promoter of a study on the research of drug residues in the discharges of the University Hospital (CHU) and the Henri Becquerel Cancer Treatment Centre in Rouen. With the participation of Profs Lacroix, Goullé and Guerbet from the Universities of Rouen and Le Havre. The research was financed GRSP (Regional Organization of Public Health).
- Juin 2008: Organizer for URML and member of the Scientific Council for the organization of the First European Congress on Environmental Pathologies which took place in Rouen on 9 & 10 October 2009.
Activities in relation to biotechnologies:
- Member of CRIIGEN Scientific Committee (Independent Research and Information Commitee on Genetic Engineering) chaired by Ms. Corinne Lepage, since its creation in 1998.
- Research for CRIIGEN on GMO assessment in relation to their potential impact on health and the environment.
- Several conference for the CGB (French Biomolecular Engineering Commission), EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) and the European Parliament (among other bodies).
- Appointed by the French Minister of Ecology, Jean Louis Borloo, to the Provisional High Authority on GMOs (Haute Autorité Provisoire sur les OGM).
- April 2007: “Les Pathologies Environnementales”, Josette Lyon, Paris
- April 2008: “Les Infections Nosocomiales” with Madame Claude Rambaud, Josette Lyon, Paris
- Séralini, G.E., Cellier, D., Spiroux de Vendômois, J. (2007) New analysis of a rat feeding study with a genetically modified maize reveals hepatorenal toxicity. Arch. Environ. Contam. Toxicol., 52, 596-602.
- Séralini, G.E., Spiroux de Vendômois, J., and Cellier, D. CRITICISMS AND IMPROVEMENTS OF STRATEGIES FOR THE SAFETY ASSESSMENT OF GM PLANT DERIVED FOODS OR FEED An answer to EFSA Draft report on animal feeding trials with GMOs. Accedit.com
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 17 April 2012 )